Monday, October 17, 2011

DSTV Drifta



Really? To be quite honest, I was pretty interested in the DSTV Drifta and almost went out and bought one, as soon as they were finally launched here in Namibia. Fortunately two of my colleagues beat me to it and were already setting their new Drifta’s up when I returned to the office. They were both excited as was I, waiting to marvel at this amazingly small gadget and what it could do. DSTV on your IPhone, IPad or laptop. The DSTV Drifta performed amazingly on both the IPhone and IPad, it was pretty cool. Now the IPhone part is a bit ridiculous, come on… watching a DSTV channel on such a small screen, no way! Next up, the IPad… pretty impressive, nice to take with you where ever you go, it works well. Next up, the laptop test. Now bear in mind that I don’t own an IPhone or IPad, so the laptop test was the most important one for me to see. Setup ran smoothly and then… WHAAAAT? Was that it? No matter what they tried to do… all they got was a small window in which to see the program playing in. The window displaying the selected DSTV channel is way smaller than the IPad’s display! They both could not believe their eyes! All this for R599.00? There was a lot of head scratching going on. They both looked like total tit’s who had just been taken for a ride. The embarrassed look on their faces said it all. I shook my head and thought to myself… thank goodness I didn’t rush out and waste my money on the DSTV Drifta. That’s the last I ever saw a Drifta in the office. They are probably gathering dust in some closet or drawer somewhere out of site.

No comments:

Post a Comment